Kelly Bloom is the owner of Southern Soapers supplies for soapmakers, voted Supplier of the Year in 2007 by Saponifier Magazine. She will discuss when it is necessary to use a preservative in your formulations, and she'll give an overview of the different kind of preservative systems available, discussing the pros and cons of each different kind.
Ever wondered ....
* If your lotion needs a preservative system?
* Is there an alternative to using preservatives? What about Vitamin E or grapefruit seed extract?
* If there is there an "all-natural" preservative?
* Why there are so many different kinds of preservatives on the market?
* Why some people feel preservatives are bad? Are preservatives safe?
* How to choose the right preservative for each kind of product you make?
* What exactly does a preservative do, anyway?
If so, come to the Virtual Soap Symposium on Monday, March 23rd at 5 pm EST.
Everyone is welcome to attend! You do not have to be a member of the team, but you do have to be a registered etsy user. The virtual labs are located here: http://www.etsy.com/virtual_labs.php, and our event is in the Gallery.
For further information contact Christina Seine at http://www.swanmountainsoaps.etsy.com/