Wednesday, March 23, 2011

We Ship Love....Help Thistle Delight Share The Love

My name is San of Thistle Delight Soapworks on Etsy, but I am also a member of Navy for Moms. I am also the wife of a 20 year Navy Veteran, and the Mom of an active duty Sailor. I am fortunate that my son is not overseas, but love to support those that are overseas. The Moms on Navy for Moms adopt a group of service men and women every month, and this month it is a group of Marines in Afghanistan. Next month we will be told our next group.

Now once we know who our next group are, we receive a list of requests from that group, then we add more just to show how much we love and support them. Since I am a home soap maker, and make all bath and body products from scratch, I decided to be the supplier of said products. One of the requested items each and every time, is body soap and shampoo, they run out so fast. This month I have donated 300 lip balms just from me out of my own supplies. While making the lip balms and some soap for them, I got to thinking that maybe there are people out there, that would just LOVE to help out, but don't know how. With this thought in mind, I decided to offer that service to the wonderful people on Etsy. I made a special listing in my store of
I went around and advertised what I was doing within the Etsy Teams that I am on. Well everyone loved it, and helped me spread the word. Things have been going wonderfully, but have slowed down now. Lip Balms are important because of the heat and dry conditions that the troops lived and work in. My recipe is made with a hard vegetable wax that has a very high melt point, so perfect for the Troops.

Soap is also very much needed on a regular bases too. I have some wonderful team members sending me some of their soaps too. This is important for the Troops safety, and just certain people can have access to our chosen groups addresses, we have to keep them safe as well as clean.

I believe EVERYONE deserves to be pampered, but our service men and women deserve to be pampered more because of the job they do, and the sacrifices they make every day. I would love to be able to spread the word as far as I possibly can, and make it that they don't want for anything that they miss from home.

We ship with love, and love all of our service men and women, both near and far.
Please show your support and love too, and help me by buying lip balms and or anything from my store, or any of my fellow Team mates on Safeteam!!!!

Thank you
from a Safeteam member and very very proud Navy Mom
San

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post!! You are doing good things my friend, good things!! and so are our service men and women!

Robin@creations-anew.com said...

Love this idea :)
Robin

Unknown said...

Thank you for all you do, San!

TrustJust said...

Love it! Way to go.
I'm so proud to know you.
You, my friend, are a blessing.