Friday, September 11, 2009

Bonbons and Booze SAFEteam Challenge

There is actually a little sentimentality to this challenge. We are a team filled with CRAZY, nostalgic, sentimental, protective and understanding people. We are a diverse group of people who really care about one another. This got our challenger, Anhoki, thinking. Quite a few of us have had a pretty rough year. ALL of us have been supportive with hugs, prayers, juju, mojo, good vibes, thoughts, lit candles, fights with those who HOG the chocolate, and let's not forget the passing of the alcohol. SO....The THEME to this challenge is "Bonbons and Booze".

The RULES: Challengers WILL have to find a wine, champagne or alcoholic beverage scent and you will also need to find a chocolate or candy scent for this challenge. If your soap does not have both it WILL NOT count. Multiple colors would be nice and multiple scents is a must.

Your Job: Read through the entries. Leave a comment voting for your favorite one and you will be entered to win the "winning" bar of soap! Good luck EVERYONE!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brandied Chocolate Truffles by Soap Scent-sations

There are 4 things that are a must at the holidays in our house: homemade biscotti of all varieties, gingerbread men, Grandma’s cranberry salad, and chocolate! My mom makes dozens of varieties of chocolate treats; Peanut Butter Balls, dipped Pretzels, fudge, the list goes on! My addition to her chocolate plate is a creamy, brandy filled truffle. When this challenge was announced I knew immediately I had to recreate these decadent treats in a bar of soap! So here they are, complete with heavy cream, real unsweetened chocolate, and YES! a shot of brandy. Life is always better with Chocolate! Find the edible recipe on my blog: http://www.soapscentsations.blogspot.com/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Champagne by Sunset Soaps


What’s the best way to win over someone’s heart? With bonbons and booze of course! This is my very first Etsy Safe Team Soap Challenge entry. When I learned of the theme for this month, I knew I had to jump right in and join the party with my version of chocolate covered strawberries and champagne!

I love making hand dipped chocolate strawberries and sharing them with my sweetie along with a little bubbly. So I attempted to make a soap that could represent all of the same goodness! Made with palm oil, coconut oil, olive oil, cocoa butter, jojoba oil, and sweet almond oil and scented with strawberries and champagne fragrance oil this soap smells just like the popular Victoria’s Secret Garden body fragrance. It is the perfect blend of strawberry, champagne, flowers, and sandalwood. Very soft and romantic. But wait, don’t forget about the chocolate! A touch of real cocoa powder has been added and swirled on top, because in my opinion everything is better covered in chocolate!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bourbon de Vanille By Swan Mountain Soaps


There is a sign on my soap table that says, “Do Not Eat the Soap!” Still, every time I sniff my Bourbon de Vanille soap, I am tempted to take a bite! This soap blends the scents of Madagascar vanilla with smooth bourbon, one of the most creamy, decadent blends ever to tempt a soap addict. Warm and comforting and yet sensual and alluring, this scent will appeal to both men and women. Our Bourbon de Vanille soap smells so good, you'll want to taste it too ... but we don't recommend it. Since the number one ingredients in this luscious soap is cocoa butter, this soap is dessert … for your skin!





------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boozy Bonbons by Bunny Bubbles

The most recent SAFEteam challenge is entitled, "Bonbons & Booze". Take a look at these soaps, and you'll see how literally I took that!

At the end of the day, it's nice to give in to a little vice. Some of us love our chocolate, and some love our wine. But, if you want a totally sin-free treat, how about these "candies" for your bath?

These chocolate-scented soap "bonbons" each have a core of booze-scented soap. Each set contains nine soaps in total.

3 "Crème de menth" soap bonbons with a minty green center
3 "Grand Marnier" soap bonbons with a bubbly orange center
3 "Amaretto" soap bonbons with an almond-y light brown center

Each set is packed in a candy box. These realistic chocolate replica soaps are NOT recommended for households with young children or husbands who eat first and ask questions later.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Marnier and Chocolate Covered Strawberries by Gourmet Soaps


Grand Marnier is a french liqueor made from a blend of true cognacs and orange bitters. This versatile dessert wine can be added to lattes, cosmopolitans, margaritas or even added to dessert recipes to kick it up a few notches. I prefer drinking it neat with chocolate covered strawberries. It's simple, yet has the most decadent flavors to ever cross your lips. Who can resist a bite of a sun-ripened strawberry covered in warm chocolate, and then a sip of Grand Marnier to send the yummy to your tummy. It's a great way to pamper yourself, and an even better way to pamper that special someone in a sensuous way. Try it, and then thank me later :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vino e Cioccolato in Toscana By Anhoki
Vino e Cioccolato reminds me of my youth living in Italy. Every Sunday, or so it seemed, we would have lunch with our friends and share laughs, great food, better wine and fantastic espresso. I remember playing in the vinyard behind our villa with my friends and trying ever so hard to NOT eat the beautiful grapes. Our villa overlooked acres of beautiful grapevines that shined in the afternoon sun. On Saturday mornings my mom, a few friends and I would go to the open market and shop for fresh bread, veggies and meat for that day's meal. The booths that had a bazillion bottles of wine for sale to the Americans who loved to sample the local vintage were amazing. Walk a little further and you walked right past the Alimentari that ALWAYS had the BEST chocolates. We would NEVER leave the market without chocolate. That would have been a major crime. Those, as they say, were the good ol' days.

Our soap is made with an olive, coconut, palm and canola blend with cocoa powder and titanium dioxide for color. Each bar is approximately 5.25 oz in weight.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chocolate Margaritas Soap by Sassy Soaps n' Such

Bon Bons and Booze what a wonderful combination. I live in Texas so of course the first thing that came to my mind was Tequila and since we were working with a “Mexican” Booze why not add the most comforting kind of chocolate I can think of. When my Mis hijas or my daughters, were little we would have hot chocolate infused with Mexican cinnamon every night before bedtime. I decided to combine the Tequila with the Mexican Hot Chocolate and you give you a Chocolate Margaritas Soap Bar.
I work with Melt and Pour Method of Soap so I used goat’s milk base and clear glycerin base to create our 5 oz three layered Chocolate Margaritas Soap. The bottom layer is made from Starbucks Moca Powder and goats milk soap base...with just a touch of fresh Mexican cinnamon. The middle layer is lime green glycerin soap and the top layer is clear glycerin soap that in infused with Sauza... that is real Tequila Blanco. Now, no Margaritas would be complete without salt and lime so the lime on the side has a hint of salt in the glycerin and of course lime essential oils. You can smell the Tequila and lime and Mexican hot chocolate base...YUMMO makes me wish I could drink this soap.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would you like some Champagne and Chocolates by Pacific Paradise
Soap
This exquisite soap was blended to smell like champagne and chocolates & nourish your skin while you enjoy it! Each bar of Champagne Soap has 2 chocolate truffle soaps hidden inside. I twirled milk chocolate soap like 2 bonbons into each big bar of champagne soap. I placed thin curls of renewing face soap into the champagne soap to mimic bubbles going up a champagne glass. Just look at all the wonderful ingredients! How can you resist? Each bar contains soybean oil, palm kernel oil, coconut oil, rice bran oil, water, sodium hydroxide, organic pink grapefruit essential oil, a blend of fragrances, shea butter, borage seed oil, evening primrose oil, rose hip oil, silk protein, and carrot seed essential oil.
The goodness of chocolates & champagne will make your shower a pampering experience. Go ahead, indulge.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Cherry Cordial By Lily Pond Soaps

Decadent.
Exquisite.

Unforgettable.

The delicious scent of dark chocolate mingled with the sweet scent of ripe summer cherries.

A must have for chocolate lovers!!
Disclaimer....this soap is not for eating, only bathing and washing hands with. The scent is so Delicious, you may be tempted to see if it tastes as good!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Caramel Cream (Irish Cream that is...) by Angie's Suds n' Such

Okay, so it's not the prettiest...BUT the scent is amazing! The delicious aroma of melt in your mouth caramel combined with the sweet scent of Irish Cream. Yum!
This soap has been handmade using the cold process method of soapmaking. Each bar has cured for a minimum of 4 weeks.





37 comments:

Unknown said...

Vino e Cioccolato in Toscana By Anhoki is my favorite. It sounds like it smells devine, and it looks just like a big old brownie. I would probably have to hide it from my hubby, who might either take a big bite, or steal it for himself!

Peau Naturelle said...

Oh man! These are all AWESOME!! You guys did a great job with this challenge :) And FYI, a preggo woman with chocolate cravings should NOT keep looking at these soaps... I want to eat them ;P LOL!!

Bathtub Bling said...

omg what an awesome challenge!! so hard to decide too!

we LOVE the Boozy BonBons by Bunny Bubbles, so fun!!

Ruth

Jenniferbeads said...

Way too hard to choose - Go Safeteam! You're all so talented :-)

Waconda Springs said...

Great soaps Safeteam. They all look so lovely and tempting. Now I'm craving chocolate. Wait. I always crave chocolate.

BoutiqueKarma said...

love the boozy bonbons - very orignal. Nice work!

kat said...

AMAZING! The creativity of this group blows me away every time. Fantastic.

Unknown said...

I tell you I had a blast with this challenge I created 6 soaps but had to pick one so My favorite drink which I can't have anymore
Chocolate Margaritas so that is my favorite.

Great soaps team!

Anonymous said...

These all look great Team! Way to go! Now come on and vote all!!!

Heidi Price said...

All of these are absolutely amazing!! I think my fave is the cherry cordial by LilyPondSoaps. I'm sorry I did not make a soap for this event, what a great bunch of entries though!! :) Yay SAFETeam! :)

Sunset Soaps said...

I had so much fun joining this challenge, but i have to say my favorite is Bunny's Bonbons! They rock, I admire your creativity!

Aunt Nancy said...

Oh, My!! They are all gorgeous!!! I vote for Bunny's Boozy Bonbons. How the heck does she do that!!!

GetSoaked said...

I want Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Champagne by Sunset Soaps! My mouth is watering just thinking about how that must smell!

-Michelle

lvoutour said...

Bourbon de Vanille By Swan Mountain Soaps would be my first choice (it's so hard to choose) they all look wonderful. Yum.. and clean!!!

AuntKaysHandmades said...

Wow these are all amazing soaps. So hard to choose from, great work all good luck to the winner...

My fav has to be Chocolate Margarits soap by Sassy Soaps and Such

Sue Dixon said...

Well, I absolutely could not choose one of these beautiful soaps to vote for so I gave my husband the task of voting. He said it was a very difficult choice to make as well but he voted for the Cherry Cordial Soap by LillyPond!

Penny @ Miss Pootsie's Primitives said...

Okee Dokee... this was really tough to choose from. Every entry was AMAZING...! The Boozy Bonbons by Bunny Bubbles will get my vote. Very clever to combine the scents with the cordial-look.

Waconda Springs said...

It is so hard to vote. But after drooling all over my screen and giving said screen a couple of healthy licks, Boozy Bonbons by Bunny Bubbles has me licking the most. But all the rest were close seconds.

Anonymous said...

I love the combination of chocolate covered strawberries and champagne. The thought of bathing with champagne tickles me pink! Shine on Sunset Soaps!

jerseygirl137 said...

So very hard to choose but I think my favorite would be Cherry Cordial By Lily Pond Soap

TDC said...

Y'all did a great job! I'm a sucker for the swirls in Cold Process. Swans bar looks like it would need a sign; we have one on ours too.

Anhoki is my choice

PacificParadiseSoap said...

All great soaps! This was a fun challenge!

Kim said...

How on earth can you possibly pick just one. But I managed too so here is my vote for Vino e Cioccolato in Toscana By Anhoki.....

Kim (KimsBeads.etsy.com)

deb said...

All you gals really out did yourselves on this ine!! They all are great!

but since I have to chose one, I'll pick the Chocolate Margarita Soap by Sassy Soaps N Such.

Anonymous said...

CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES AND CHAMPANGE by sunset soaps. I love all her soaps. This sounds just so yummy and soothing!!

It was hard to choose!! Now it's time for a snack! lol

red bamboo said...

Once again, they are all looking awesome! But I kept coming back to Bourbon de Vanille by Swan Mountain Soaps!

Patrice-The Soap Seduction said...

Lots of great choices, but I gotta go with the Boozy BonBons. The name alone seals it for me:)

Pin said...

I'm super impressed by all the entries, but I keep coming back to Boozy Bonbons by Bunny Bubbles! The soaps look delicious (I promise not to eat them!) and smell even better!

AmericanPrim said...

Ohhhh HEAVEN!! What an awesome challenge!! So many great entries!!
Gotta go with 2 of my favorite things...Margarita's and Chocolate!! Sassy's Soaps and Such...
Chocolate Margarita's! YUM!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Love them all but the one that strikes me as the very freshest is the Chocolate Margarita soap by Sassy Soaps!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful soaps everyone!! I vote for Soaps Brandied Chocolate Balls... uh, I mean truffles :)

BPR Designs said...

wow -- so hard to choose! I have to go with Vino e Cioccolato in Toscana By Anhoki! Hard to beat wine and chocolate any day!

Crys said...

My pick is Boozy Bonbons by Bunny Bubbles. Super creative and they combine my favorite scents and chocolate bonbon flavors all in one. These are so super cute, wonderful idea!

Anonymous said...

I think I love them all but I have to go with bunnybubbles.

Drew said...

My favorite is the Cherry Cordial by LilyPondSoaps. Looks yummy :P

Willow Bay Bath&Body said...

I think all of the entries are AMAZING! I <3 SAFETeam! WooT!

I hate voting. I'm a very indecisive person at times... I have been in all of your shops checking everything out. I favorite way too many things, just so I have a reference to come back and buy things. And I have bought from a few SAFE'rs. <3

I'm voting for (grrr this is hard, I want to vote for more than 1!):
Bourbon de Vanille By Swan Mountain Soaps

scgoddess said...

Tough choice - but I will go with Gourmet Soap and her Grand Marnier and Strawberries